Hi Bastein,

> This work will highly improve the security of any multi-party contract trying
> to build on top of bitcoin
Do you think such multi party contracts are vulnerable by design considering
they rely on policy that cannot be enforced?

> For starters, let me quickly explain why the current rules are hard to work
> with in the context of lightning
Using the term 'rules' can be confusing sometimes because it's just a policy
and different from consensus rules. I wish we could change this in the BIP with
something else.

> I'm actually paying a high fee twice instead of once (and needlessly using
> on-chain space, our scarcest asset, because we could have avoided that
> additional transaction
Not sure I understand this part because if a transaction is on-chain it can't
be replaced.

> The second biggest pain point is rule 3. It prevents me from efficiently
> using my capital while it's unconfirmed
> I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on that. If it makes sense, I
> would propose the following very simple rules
Looks interesting however not sure about X and Y.

--
Prayank

A3B1 E430 2298 178F