Well done, your bip looks well presented for discussion. You say to number each satoshi created? For a 50 BTC block reward that is 5,000,000,000 ordinal numbers, and when some BTC is transferred to another UTXO how do you determine which ordinal numbers, say if I create a transaction to pay-to another UTXO. The system sounds expensive eventually to cope with approximately 2,100,000,000,000,000 ordinals. If I understand ordinals 0 to 5,000,000,000 as assigned to the first Bitcoin created from mining block-reward. Say if I send some Bitcoin to another UTXO then first-in-first-out algorithm splits those up to assign 1 to 100,000,000 to the 1 BTC that I sent, and 100,000,001 to 5,000,000,000 are assigned to the change plus if any fee?-DA.

On 2022-02-23 11:43, Casey Rodarmor via bitcoin-dev wrote:
Briefly, newly mined satoshis are sequentially numbered in the order
in
which they are mined. These numbers are called "ordinal numbers" or
"ordinals". When satoshis are spent in a transaction, the input
satoshi
ordinal numbers are assigned to output satoshis using a simple
first-in-first-out algorithm.