As I said in my post:

"If you care about Bitcoin's consensus rules I'd request you pay attention so
you can make an informed view on what to run and what to support."

Ideally everyone would come to an informed view independently. Unfortunately
many people don't have the time to follow Bitcoin drama 24/7 and hence struggle
to separate noise from signal. In this case simple heuristics are better than
nothing. One heuristic is to listen to those in the past who showed good
judgment and didn't seek to misinform. Of course it is an imperfect heuristic.
Ideally the community would be given sufficient time to come to an informed
view independently on what software to run and not be rushed into making
decisions. But it appears they are not being afforded that luxury.

> I fear you risk losing respect in the community

I appreciate your concern.

--
Michael Folkson
Email: michaelfolkson at [protonmail.com](http://protonmail.com/)