darosior via bitcoin-dev wrote:

> CTV advocates have been presenting vaults as the flagship usecase.
Although as someone who've been trying to
> implement practical vaults for the past 2 years i doubt CTV is necessary
nor sufficient for this (but still
> useful!), using APO-AS covers it. And it's not a couple dozen more
virtual bytes that are going to matter for
> a potential vault user.

Some potential vault users looking to store funds for long time periods
(say of decades) might have quantumphobia and prefer to avoid Taproot for
that reason.

One of the arguments presented for not using pubkey hashes in Taproot is
that quantumphobic people could choose to continue using non-Taproot
outputs. Making a feature that's targeted for long-term cold-storage vaults
available on Taproot only might be less ideal in that view.

Cheers
shesek