Hello ZmnSCPxj,

Renting out fidelity bonds is an interesting idea. It might happen in the situation where a hodler wants to generate yield but doesn't want the hassle of running a full node and yield generator. A big downside of it is that the yield generator income is random while the rent paid is a fixed cost, so there's a chance that the income won't cover the rent.

JoinMarket takers since the start have checked that a fidelity bond doesn't appear twice. The technique doesn't deserve a section in the BIP because this BIP is only about specifying the wallets that hold fidelity bond UTXOs for makers, not takers which receive fidelity bond messages.

In JoinMarket this is done in this code here:
https://github.com/JoinMarket-Org/joinmarket-clientserver/blob/6b05f65260a487cd22f175ba64d499fbe8122530/jmclient/jmclient/taker.py#L1020-L1021

Best,
CB