Hi Billy,

> I was actually not thinking one large central in-person meeting, but many
smaller decentralized in-person meetings where no one has to travel far.
The meetings can be used to foster communication that can then be
summarized and/or brought online and discussed with the larger group. Would
certainly make all those date/visa/etc issues a lot easier.

Minimizing travel hurdles for everyone sounds wise. About decentralized
in-person meetings we already have a wide network of BitDev all around the
world that can be opportunities to foster communication on covenant R&D
advances. Staying interested in participating in in-person covenant-focus
meetings though I won't volunteer to organize them, from my experience it's
a real trade different from Bitcoin research engineering!

> Fair enough. But I think part of the point here would be to use such a
snapshot as an indicator that helps convince others that a particular idea
has been discussed, thought through, and has actual well-reasoned support.
Whatever you call it, it would be a useful set of data points.

Yeah, collecting, building and maintaining a set of strong data points that
would improve the community covenant information-gathering process.
However, I think observing consensus is better left to everyone's personal
judgement rather than proclaiming it. At best, we can monitor the lack of
consensus.

There is already an ongoing effort to document primitives :
https://github.com/bitcoinops/bitcoinops.github.io/pull/806 and making
progress on the use-cases collection soon.