Hi David,

>From practical experience, I think you'll find that most exchanges will not
enable sends to future segwit versions,
as from a risk perspective it's likely a mistake to send funds there. That
said, as long as we don't change
the checksum again(!), updating to new versions should be fairly straight
forward. Every update will be a matter
of allowing a new version and a new length instead of requiring
library updates. Making sure the most popular
open source libraries support it is probably the best way to spend energy
ensuring that future upgrades go smoothly.

Best,
Greg