Hi Anthony,

> I think, however, that you can move inscriptions entirely off-chain. I
wrote a little on this idea on twitter already [1], but after a bit more
thought, I think pushing things even further off-chain would be plausible.

Whole point of inscriptions is to keep something on-chain associated with your
sats so this approach goes against the concept and what makes them interesting
in the first place.

> Implementing that is fairly straightforward: you just need a protocol
for creating an asset offchain and associating it with an ordinal --
nothing needs to happen on-chain at all. That is, you can do something
as simple as posting a single nostr message:

All events may not be permanently stored by Nostr relays. In addition to
rendering inscriptions meaningless, this creates a dependency.

> The "inscription" approach might still be desirable for broadcasting
information that might otherwise be subject to heavy censorship; presuming
that the censoring entity isn't also willing and able to censor bitcoin
itself.

If bitcoin transactions can be censored then we have bigger problems to care
about as bitcoin will have no value without censorship resistance.

Lastly, I would add that inscriptions involve "financial" transactions,
associating sats with image is freedom and got historical reasons for it.
Writing something on paper or drawing an image on copper is not same as doing
it on gold.

Disclaimer: My opinion on inscriptions can be biased because I am working on a
startup that will use inscriptions and satscard(coinkite)

/dev/fd0
floppy disc guy

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.