Hi ZmnSCPxy,

> As the network is pseudonymous, an anonymous attacker can flood the
fullnode mempool network with large numbers of non-aggregated transactions,
then in cooperation with a miner confirm a single aggregated transaction
with lower feerate than what it put in the several non-aggregated
transactions.

Arguably this is hardly a feasible attack. Let's suppose the attacker
creates 1000 such transactions, and attaches each transaction with a small
amount of transaction fee X. The total fee will be 1000*X collectible by
the aggregation vendor, who pays the miner a fee Y. We can reasonably
assume that 1000*X is much larger than Y, yet X is much smaller than Y.
Note that Y is already much larger than the regular fee for other
transactions as the aggregated transaction should contain many inputs and
many outputs, thus very large in size.

Now, the attacker will have to generate proofs for these 1000 transactions,
which is non-trivial; and pay for 1000*X upfront. The aggregation vendor
has to spend more computing power doing the aggregation (or recursive
verification) and take (1000*X - Y) as profit. Miner gets Y.

Miners are unlikely to collude with the attacker. I don't think the vendor
would, given profit of 1000*X - Y. Or the attacker could play the vendor,
however, it is still not a trivial attack after spending lots of computing
power generating all the proofs and aggregation/recursion, and paying at
least Y, which is also non-trivial given the size.

All that being said, let's focus on the OP_ZKP for now and leave
aggregation or recursive verification for future discussion. I brought up
the scalability issue just to stress that there is potential room for
further improvements. The research and implementation might take much
longer. As far as I know, CISA (cross input signature aggregation) is still
experimental. Again, thank you very much for detailed analysis and replies.

Regards,
Weiji