> Arguments in favor of retaining Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind default:
> * More field experience, code review and testing on desktop than others

I'm hoping that if we start promoting alternative wallets their dev
communities will get larger. Most bitcoinj code is peer reviewed, but
not to the same extent that Bitcoin-Qt is.

We're obviously not going to stop promoting Bitcoin-Qt as well. I
think the distinction should be:

 * Want to get started fast? Grab MultiBit and you'll be under way in
a couple of minutes.
 * Want to help out the Bitcoin network? Leave your computer switched
on all the time and run Bitcoin-Qt instead. It will donate some of
your computers resources to running the Bitcoin system.

The MultiBit interface is OK but all desktop wallets could use some
love from a friendly UI designer.