On 03/12/2014 08:26 PM, Jean-Paul Kogelman wrote:
> So upon entering a password with a typo, the user will not be notified of an
> error, but be presented with a wallet balance of 0, after the blockchain has
> been scanned. I'm sorry, but that's not the kind of experience I would want
> present to my users.

Sure, you can have either plausible deniability or typo checking, not
both at the same time.

> Would you care to elaborate how optional outsourcing of the KDF breaks
> compatibility?

I'm afraid one would end up with code generated in one client that is
unusable in a different client, because the client's developer thought
that using fancier algorithm instead of the proposed ones was a good idea.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol Rusnak <st...@gk2.sk>