We need to make it so mind-numbingly simple to "run Bitcoin correctly" that
the average user doesn't find reasons to do so in the course of normal
use.  Right now, Coinbase and Bitstamp are winning in the user experience
battle, which technically endanger the user, and by proxy the Bitcoin
network.

Multi-sig as a default is a start.  It won't succeed unless the user
experience is simply better than trusted third parties, but we need to
start the education process with the very basic fundamental: trusting a
third-party with full access to your Bitcoin is just replacing one
centralized banking system with another.

Eric Martindale
Developer Evangelist, BitPay
+1 (919) 374-2020