On 4/7/14, Flavien Charlon <flavien.char...@coinprism.com> wrote:
> Ok, I guess I'm not using the proper terminology. It would be listed on the
> "Asset" section of the company's balance sheet, is what I meant.

No, it's an asset for the owner of the share, not the company, just
like the gold plates are not assets for the company when someone else
holds them.
What you're doing is getting less capital for the company due to the
money that is going to pay the gold costs.
Are you rising capital or selling gold?
It doesn't make sense to do both at once.
You need money, why would you spend money on gold before asking for
other people's money to build your company?
Investors will appreciate the convenience of being able to buy shares
of your company and gold separately (or not buy gold at all).

It may even be more clear for other use cases different than stocks.
Does an IOU written in a gold plate make sense to you?