It seems to me that there's a huge need for a paper currency that is
counterfeit-resistant, inexpensive to print, internationally recognized
(border-less), fits in a wallet, and machine readable.

I pitched this idea at the Cincinnati Bitcoin meetup last week, and I didn't
get thrown out, so I took the time to document a proposed standard to
accomplish this.  I've put my ideas into BIP format, so that you can see what I
have in mind, although I picked some
BIP numbers myself that seem to be available.  Call them "proposed proposals",
or "provisional BIPs".  I've numbered them provisionally BIP-80 to BIP-84.

If you guys think that this idea has some merit, let's discuss.

https://github.com/jerfelix/provisional_bips/blob/master/README.mediawiki

Submitted with humility and some fear of getting laughed out of here...
- Jerry