Now you are talking about Trusted Platform Modules. Like smartcards,
actually. Devices that won't leak their keys but let the holder spend the
coins. It could even have it's own simple SPV wallet client to make it
easier to handle. And they'd use the attestation features provided by the
TPM to prove the software it's unmodified top the current holder.

But then you still have to trust the manufacturer of the device, and you
have to trust it has no exploitable side channels.

- Sent from my phone