On 2015-03-12 03:28 AM, Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> That doesn't work for mobile wallets, because we need to consider the
> offline case. To fix this, we'd need to extend BIP70 to tell the
> merchant where to forward the half-signed transaction to. Then again I'm
> not sure if we want that, for privacy reasons. In any case, practical

Telling the merchant who my security provider is not that different from
a privacy point of view from using their wifi.  In both cases they would
see us connect to the provider.  The connection / payload would be
encrypted of course.

In the mean time, we can un-multisig some of the coins for daily use, up
to a defined velocity limit.  (credit to Mike Hearn's for this idea)

> multisig is still a looong way off.

Let's bring it closer.  p2sh.info shows an exponential increase,
currently at 8%.  At this rate, the majority of the coins will be
multisig near the end of the year.

devrandom / Miron