Hello,

Thanks for testing this clarifying things about PGP/MIME and I apologize for wasting your time with it. It looks like a SPAM filtering service I use is re-writing some parts of some plain text messages with some special/alternate encoding characters (not sure what it really is). Anyway, if I manually export/import a message from gmane (bypassing my e-mail SPAM filter), thunderbird/enigmail is not having problems verifying signatures. I guess I never realized this before because all other signed messages I normally receive are encrypted and the SPAM filter does not mess with non plain text data.

Andy Schroder