Mike Hearn <mike <at> plan99.net> writes:

> It's the only way to keep a project making progress at a reasonable pace.
[SNIP]

If Bitcoin is managed with a linux kernel style dictator it would be
centralized (yet unlike linux, where people can fork without impacting others
in Bitcoin a hard fork puts at risks everyone's bitcoins) - I hope we all
agree there is no point in a centralized Bitcoin?

In addition and more importantly, it would put Gavin in tremendous dangers,
both from violent threats/blackmailing prospective as well as regulatory
prospective - how can you not see that?

I hope all this confrontation will be worth something in the end: to show
that Bitcoin can't be changed centrally and that it can't be changed without
consensus