From: Natasha <meadowskuv...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Blackbelly] Prolapse
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 9:14 AM

Greeting All!

I am a pacing, nail biting wreck right now.  We keep thinking one of
our ewes is going to go but nothing - she's HUGE.  My total life
experience in lambing is watching one ewe deliver last year, the other
did fine on her own without my seeing it.  So.  Yesterday one ewe was
looking like she was having contractions every five minutes, she'd
even baaa in pain occasionally.  Her belly was tightening, she'd push,
look miserable, make faces, the whole nine yards...I took a peek and
thought I saw feet.  Her water hadn't broken that I'd seen.  When I
looked closer it wasn't feet but a ping pong ball size veiny "thing".
I'm thinking that it's her uterus.  It comes in and out.  A yearling
ewe also has the same thing.  This yearling looks so tight that she
just might explode.  I know she's not yet ready to go by looking at
her bag and teats.  Her vulva makes her look like a baboon in heat!  I
know I'm over thinking and worrying.  We had our own Easter vigil
watching these girls with nothing.  How worried do I need to be with
this mild prolapsing?  I am assuming the pressure is so great that is
why I can see it.  This did not happen last year.  Is this normal?
Can I stop worrying?  Any words of wisdom?  Will they be okay?

Back to being a nervous Nellie.  Thanks for your thoughts and experience,

Natasha