Hi Joanne,

By all means, please share pics of your set-up. This listserv doesn't allow attachments, but you can send me photos and I will add them to this group's Scrapbook at http://www.blackbellysheep.info/ and point people to them there.

The green grain feeders in the photos of my barn set-up are split green sewer drain pipe. It is much cheaper than white PVC because it can't be pressurized. I think I used 6" diameter.

For water, I placed a standard black sheep/goat water trough or a half 50-gal drum in each pasture where the sheep are rotated to. I fill the troughs in the corrals from a nearby spigot; the troughs out in the pasture are set up to fill from nearby irrigation lines during the summer. Each corral has a hay feeder like the one here: http://tinyurl.com/qecmmrr (top closed) and here: http://tinyurl.com/qholz84 (top open). The feeders are made out of scrap wood from old pallets and scrap metal roofing panels.

Carol