I recently purchased some electric fence and the first strand starts at 7"
above the ground and I have one sheep that will take the shock and just
slip right under it which shows the rest how to escape so I have had to get
creative to stop her. Now I do feel she is a special case because she is my
escape artist so other sheep may not be as bad but because of it I would
recommend the lowest strand to start at 3" from the bottom.

Tiana