On 16-Apr-2002 Es Bee Ex wrote:
> As far as the slit is concerned, if apps will eventually be movable
> within it, how about having that the moving be accomplished with a
> menu? On the slit border around an app, the menu items "Move Up" and
> "Move Down" (and "Move Left" and "Move Right" for the other orientation)
> can be used to move that item's position. This seems a lot simpler to
> me, and not any less intuitive, than "dragging" the apps with the mouse
> cursor(I think that is what was proposed). Someone tell me I'm wrong.

hmm, not opposed to this idea, not sold on it either.

> While we are here, why should the slit be renamed and what would the new
> name be? :)

Because the name is not intuitive for native English speakers and down right
mysterious for people who learned English as there second (or more) language.

Dock and Wharf used obvious metaphors if you know what the words mean.

I have yet to come up with a better name.  Frankly calling it the Dock seems
reasonable.  Blackbox owes a lot to Window Maker anyways.