Sam Halliday wrote:
>>put everything you want into a file, say ~/bin/startbb.
>>Then put "exec ~/bin/startbb" into your .xinitrc - bam, same thing as
>>"exec starkde", "exec wmaker", "exec gnome-session" whaterver.
>
> but that achieves nothing... i dont like putting anything into
 > an xinitrc file, i like to create scripts to start each of my
 > window managers seperately. but (besides in the styles) blackbox
 > does not support starting anything form the starup scripts.
>
> cheers,
> Sam

I use KDM, and edit /etc/X11/Xsession to run certain apps
before it 'exec blackbox'... it's multi-user and multi-WM.

If you already have scripts to run each WM, why can't
you include the apps you want to start right in those scripts,
before the WM is started??  You seem to be asking for BB
to run 'startup' apps, when you could simply edit the script
that starts Blackbox to include the apps.