On 12-Jul-2002 Ben Jansens wrote:

> On Friday 12 July 2002 11:35 am, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>> Let me parse this for everyone, so they can understand my frustration.
>>
>> > 0x28000a9: fallback configure (0, 18) w: 1012, h: 783
>
> Does twm not pass this along? It'd be interesting to knwo what the dialog's
> size is before this event is applied to the window...

twm, E, wmaker all apply then event in the same manner we do, nearly the same
code.

Passing this event along is required by the ICCCM by the way.

What it looks like the java code is doing is this:

XCreateWindow(display, dummy_x, dummy_y, dummy_w, dummy_h)
XMoveResizeWindow(display, window, real_x, real_y, kinda_real_w, kinda_real_h)
// delay
XMapWindow(window)

I say kinda_real because the values change for some of the programs.