On 14-Jul-2002 Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 09:48:05AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>> Giving people the ability to disable blackbox's bindings while working in
>> specific applications covers more of this need than simply changing the
>> keybinding would.  Just abuot any binding chosen would conflict with
>> something.
>
> I disagree.  It's far less consistent to expect people to remember which
> application uses what for a modifier, and then expect them to remember that
> for THIS one, they need to use a disable, and for this one over here, they
> do not.

so far most people are not hampered by the keybinding.  So far I have heard
gimp, Maya, and emacs with a mouse (which is a sin anyways (-:).  Disabling it
seems the best choice.  Otherwise you can edit the source as you suggested.

> Not to mention what happens when you "enable the disable", and then forget
> to turn it off later.
>
> I shouldn't have to do the idiot-level thinking.  That's what the computer
> is for.

It seems "oh right, this binding is interfering -click- ah better" is less
"idiot level" thinking to me.  But as with all interface issues there are
always lots of opinions on the "right" way.