On 15-Jul-2002 Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
>>>But since neither of them (Shaleh and Wilson) seemed very
>>>thrilled about that one, I just came up with a another
>>>suggestion...
>> Don't include me in that... I support the idea of changing it at compile
>> time.
> Sure, but did Shaleh's "suggestion" apply to compile-time?
> I read it as a runtime feature...
>
> Regards,
>   Martin

full runtime user config

runtime on/off toggle

minimal user config

compile user config

compile time disable

It is just as easy to make the option for disabling a runtime choice so the
compile time is not really a valid option.

If I go with the minimal config people will want more options so it is also not
really valid.

As been stated both Brad and I dislike compile time options.  They lead to
difficult debugging, make it hard for binary distributors, and in general can be
runtime choices with slightly more work.  Some items must be compile time.
Anti-alias support and shape support for instance because they depend on
support in XLib.  So we do not consider this an option.

That basically leaves the simple toggle idea -- hit Scroll lock and alt+mouse
bindings are ignored -- or we have full runtime options like waimea.  At this
stage in the game I am willing to add the simple toggle.  The runtime options
may be reconsidered if bbkeys (or an equivalent) is placed inside blackbox.