No, my intention was not to suggest keychain scripting as a solution,
but to point you to a reference that explains exactly what the problem
is. (I was brief because I was busy at the time.)

However, rather than the read and write commands as described in the
(old) post that you linked to, I highly recommend creating a plist
file for storing your data. In Leopard and above, creating and
altering plists with AppleScript is trivial, and it will be much
faster than that method. See here:
http://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/features/propertylists.html