1) Do you have "Find All Applications" turned on in the catalogue
preferences? If so, turn it off.

2) Do you have a backup drive connected? If so, make sure it has not
been added to Quicksilver's catalogue.

3) Do you have any catalogue sources set to search to an infinite
depth? If so, change that. If an infinite depth search finds an alias
or symlink, it will follow the alias and index everything on the other
end. This can get especially bad if the alias points to one of its own
parent folders.