On 23 Nov 2016, at 8:40, antihero wrote:

Why is Quicksilver showing a lot of disk writing activity? It reminds me of
the recently repaired Spotify issue of too much disk writes (in the
gigabytes) despite not really downloading a lot.

Is there an update or patch for this? Hope someone can enlighten me....

There have been a couple of reports about this.

https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/issues/2286

I can’t think of what it would be and I can’t reproduce it. (But then, I usually don’t have QS running long enough for it to build up meaningful stats in Activity Monitor.)

Off the top of my head, these are the things it would potentially write:

* Its own preference files in `~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver` * Clipboard history (if you’ve enabled “Keep history when restarting”)
* Catalog indexes in `~/Library/Caches/Quicksilver/Indexes`

There are some catalog entries that update frequently, but I think most of those are flagged as “can’t be indexed” so they shouldn’t be writing anything.

Maybe try keeping a Finder window open on one or more of those locations, sorted by date modified, and see if you notice anything odd?

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/