Jiri Navratil wrote:
Instructions on
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/postlfs/firewall.html

are inconsistent about the script name

- cat > /etc/rc.d/rc.iptables << "EOF"

- /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables

Is my understanding, that the cat commands shall be changed to

cat > /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables << "EOF"

correct?

No. The bootscript is in /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables and calls /etc/rc.d/rc.iptables to setup your firewall. If you want to change your firewall, you do not need to touch your bootscripts.

The problem is that the iptables instructions do not mention that you should do:

  make install-iptables

from the blfs-bootscripts.  That is an oversight and I will fix it.

Thanks for bringing up the subject and hilighting this oversight.