El Domingo, 17 de Abril de 2005 01:11, Randy McMurchy escribi�: > Doesn't matter to me. My question is, why do you want to go through > all this work, for something that won't be seen by anyone after the > book is rendered in either PDF or HTML or otherwise? It just seems > like you're going to an awful lot of trouble with absolutely nothing > gained from it.
The gain is a more cleaned XML sources. Now is very hard to read some application names in the sorces and a simple six characters word need a full text line due the tagging. > Well, I for one, *really like* the difference in the command presentation > versus the "cat ... EOF presentation". It offsets commands that are > typed versus information in files. I also like that difference. But I like it also in the PDF. That is the reason for my propposal. > I didn't like section numbers. I think it looks crummy. To me, it > really clutters up the book. Perhaps you need to place a test page > somewhere rendered with your proposed changes to the [sect3] and > [sect4] tags, so that I can understand what you mean. But that > doesn't mean I would then care for section numbers. :-) That change is only required in we want section numbers. Are needed to reduce the number of <sect*> to be processed and prevent that the related titles will be numbered. > Again, not sure what you mean. However, I do like the way the > Contents and Description looks now. Why do we need to change it? > What do we gain? See the table format used in LFS. > And to me, the LFS way is bad grammar. Some sentences with > punctuation and some without. It is not consistent, and using the > reference about a "list" that Matt mentioned, I don't see it so > much as a list. I see it as a term, with a well-structured sentence > following it. The way I would bet most professional publications > would do it. In that, and in the packages name capitalizacion in the Index, I have no preferences, only pointing the issue to can take a decision. > > -- > Randy > > rmlscsi: [GNU ld version 2.15.94.0.2 20041220] [gcc (GCC) 3.4.3] > [GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.4] [Linux 2.6.10 i686] > 17:52:00 up 14 days, 17:25, 3 users, load average: 0.25, 0.07, 0.02 > > Lastly (for now), I want to add some new inline tags, basically > > <systemitem class="...."> for user/group names and filesystems. > > Again, perhaps an example of what it would like like rendered would > be helpful. See chapter04/addinguser.html from the LFS book. > Thanks in advance for helping out with the formatting of the book, > Manuel, and welcome to the group, if I've not already mentioned it. Thanks :-) -- Manuel Canales Esparcia Usuario de LFS n�2886: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org LFS en castellano: http://www.escomposlinux.org/lfs-es http://www.lfs-es.com TLDP-ES: http://es.tldp.org -- http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html Unsubscribe: See the above information page
