Hi guys,
Just thought I'd let you know that work on getting gcc-4.0 into the LFS book will be going on in a new branch of the LFS repo. In an attempt to reduce the number of support queries you may well get as a result of this, I'll be putting a big fat warning on the gcc related pages saying something along the lines of:
"Some packages (including those in the BLFS book) may not build with this version of the compiler due to stricter handling of invalid code. Please try to find patches for these problems and let the LFS team know about them first, before bothering the BLFS team with them"
This way we can hopefully get a list of problematic packages, patches for them, and pass them on to you guys (with patches to the BLFS book if you want).
Once BLFS builds fine with gcc-4.0.x, I'll merge the branch back up to trunk to give it wider exposure.
If you've any problems with the approach above, let me know. I'm open to suggestions on making this as easy on you guys as possible.
Regards,
Matt. -- http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html Unsubscribe: See the above information page
