Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Andrew Benton wrote these words on 05/02/05 11:48 CST:
> 
>>the instructions to install X windows suggest "/usr/X11R6/bin and 
>>/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig are added to your PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH 
>>environment 
>>variables" but I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to simply move the 
>>contents of 
>>/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig to /usr/lib/pkgconfig, that way the PKG_CONFIG_PATH 
>>variable 
>>doesn't need to be set. That's what I do anyway. I think there were only two 
>>files in 
>>/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig and it seemed a bit over the top to set a variable 
>>for them.
> 
> 
> I am indifferent to your suggestion. I just wonder if anything would
> look specifically in /usr/X11R6 (would consider that package broken,
> but still).
> 
> However, just for the record, there a more than two files:
> 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]: ~/BLFS > ls -l /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig
> total 28
> -r--r--r--  1 root root 327 Feb 23 15:48 xcomposite.pc
> -r--r--r--  1 root root 456 Feb 23 15:48 xcursor.pc
> -r--r--r--  1 root root 308 Feb 23 15:48 xdamage.pc
> -r--r--r--  1 root root 297 Feb 23 15:48 xevie.pc
> -r--r--r--  1 root root 295 Feb 23 15:48 xfixes.pc
> -r--r--r--  1 root root 468 Feb 23 15:48 xft.pc
> -r--r--r--  1 root root 235 Feb 23 15:48 xrender.pc
> 

I'm a little more than indifferent.  Of course a user is free to put any
file anyplace thy want, but BLFS is not going to put these types of
changes into the book for convenience only.  There needs to be a
technical reason to change from the developer's  default methodology.

  -- Bruce

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to