M.Canales.es wrote these words on 05/09/05 14:39 CST:
> El Lunes, 9 de Mayo de 2005 21:19, Randy McMurchy escribi�:
>>What is the harm in them being there?
> 
> http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-book/2005-April/013052.html

Well, I guess I  missed that discussion. However, my point is
that I disagree with your analysis, Manuel. No big deal, it is okay
to disagree sometimes.

I just think that the acronym tag could be useful one day. You
certainly know better than I but is it possible that:

1) the acronym tag could be used somehow to let folks know that a
definition exists in the Glossary?

2) the acronym tag could have distinguishing characteristics so
that users would know a definition exists in the Glossary?

3) the acronym tag could be used to create entries in the Glossary?

If the answer to any of the questions is "yes", then I'm not sure
we should be removing the tags.

If the answer to all of the questions is "no", then I appreciate
your remarks Manuel, and I'll respect your judgment. However, it
just seems to me that we could use the tag to pass some visual key
to the reader that the term is defined in the Glossary.

-- 
Randy

rmlscsi: [GNU ld version 2.15.94.0.2 20041220] [gcc (GCC) 3.4.3]
[GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.4] [Linux 2.6.10 i686]
14:46:00 up 37 days, 14:19, 2 users, load average: 0.27, 0.13, 0.10
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to