-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Berkeley DB
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:29:11 -0500
From: Bruce Dubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: David Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

David Jensen wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> Did you get the statement "Regression tests failed." ?  Looking in
>> TESTDIR.1 I do have the line:
>>

> Yes I did, with the single run, I had no failures on the parallel runs.
>
>> g.5  ddoyscript.tcl ./TESTDIR.1 2 6 o 5
>>

> Mine says:
> /usr/bin/tclsh8.4 ../dist/../test/wrap.tcl  ./TESTDIR/dead007.log.5
> ddoyscript.tcl ./TESTDIR 2 6 o 5
>
> Yours had about half of the string clipped from the beginning, so it did
> not match a known pattern.
> .*?wrap\.tcl.*|
> that from test.tcl, line 319.

Hmm.  It seems the only problem is the loss if that half line in the
log.  I wonder what could have caused that????  The only thing I can
think of is a bug (race condition?) in a shared library that writes the
code.

> I'm beginning to think they are not staying on top of this test-suite.
> I already reported one bug,  both of us have found another.
>
> Maybe recommend not running it?

Yes.  Perhaps we should write a hint detailing these issues and put a
note in the book about this testing pointing to the hint. I'm not sure
it really benefits users to run an 80 SBU test that seems to be flakey.

BTW, I'm going to post our messages to BLFS-dev.  The thread started as
a simple question, but has developed to a point where others should be
able to see it.