Randy McMurchy wrote:
Matthew Burgess wrote these words on 09/05/05 15:28 CST:

Oh, yeah, I see that now...I tried compiling libxml2 on a bare-bones LFS system, hence didn't have `wget' installed yet! Is that worth mentioning as a dependency (test-suite only, like `bc' is for openssl)?

Yes, definitely.

Just as a FYI type note, I missed this dependency originally, because all that happens if one doesn't have `wget' around is that `make' reports 'nothing to do for {all,check}' when in the xstc directory - it doesn't even output a nice little warning that you might want to have wget and python available to fully test the package. They're probably mentioned in the README or similar, but honestly, who reads those things anyway? :)

Well, it generates some test-scripts using python then runs them.

So, essentially, we just need to list the wget and python packages
as dependencies of the test suite, right?

Well, Python isn't *just* a dependency of the test suite of course (the book already mentions that a Python module will be built if Python is found), but yes , the full testsuite is dependent on having wget and python around.

There isn't anything else we need to do though. Is this correct?

That's correct.

Regards,

Matt.