On 9/14/05, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Should we also place a similar block of commands in the Firefox and
> Thunderbird instructions, with a big note in all 3 packages that says
> that these instructions only need to be carrying out on *one* of the
> three packages (though there's no harm in doing it multiple times)?

Depends on whether the libraries installed by all these pacakges are
binary compatible. Otherwise it could cause problems. This was one of
the major reasons I was looking at using system installed versions of
nspr and nss.

Instead of including the commands for all packages, I would like to
suggest removing the moving of the libraries from the mozilla section.
For packages that depend on nss, there are two options:
(1) point them to <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/>.
(2) Add a note to add the appropriate mozilla dir to the LDFLAGS.

I prefer (1).

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]