Richard A Downing wrote:
The wording and style of the link are more important that the page
position.  I'd like it to stand out with a special rendering CSS. If I
have to vote on a section, I'd say Command Explanations, because I
suspect (but could easily be wrong) it's quite likely that the wiki
will expand on the ./configure options or on optional patches.

I'm going to go ahead and drop in my coins on this. I agree that it should stand out. But I also agree with what was said earlier by Alan. One of my biggest annoyances with the BLFS book are the occurrences of optional commands/parameters *after* the default ones are presented.

Even though I've gotten in the habit of scanning the page now for this kind of stuff, every once in a while I get caught. In my mind, all conceivable possibilities should be noted *before* any actual commands are presented. Really its in the same category as optional dependencies. Notes exist that allow you to optionally tweak the build a certain way, you should be notified of them before you start.

Count this as a vote for the Introduction section.

--
JH