On 12/7/10 6:13 PM, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Exactly what do you mean when you say "So you still make use of the
> separate SWIG package?" I'm not trying to me a smart-a$$, I just am a
> bit confused with your message.

Sure, no problem. What I meant was that Subversion appears to come
pre-packaged with everything it needs to build and install the perl and
python swig bindings. All I have been doing for a long time to build
those is just add the appropriate commands to my build recipe, i.e.,

./configure ...
make
make swig-py
make swig-pl
make install
make install-swig-py
make install-swig-pl

It's been years since I've needed to install a separate SWIG package in
order to use the bindings. Now, there could be something I'm missing by
doing it this way, I haven't dug further to find out.

Hope that's clearer.

JH

P.S. Here's the full recipe I've been using:
http://dev.lightcube.us/projects/lightcubeos/repository/entry/lightcube_os/trunk/packages/subversion/subversion.spec