On 12/7/10 6:36 PM, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> And the more I think about it, because they are SWIG bindings, what you
> are building is worthless without a SWIG installation. I'll bet you've
> never tried to actually use the bindings, or for that matter even run
> the test suites for the bindings. Again, not trying to be a smart-a$$,
> just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Yeah, no worries. I have actually used them. Trac makes use of the
python bindings, and the perl bindings are used for git-svn. Again, from
the RPM spec file I use, here's the list of files installed for the perl
bindings:

%files perl
%defattr(-,root,root)
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/%{_arch}-linux/SVN
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/%{_arch}-linux/auto/SVN
/usr/%{_lib}/libsvn_swig_perl-1.so.0
/usr/%{_lib}/libsvn_swig_perl-1.so.0.0.0

So it actually builds and installs a full dynamic C library. It must be
building what it needs from swig as shipped with the package.

I can't recall what made me 'just try' as you say. It's been a long
time. And I've not tried the ruby bindings (although I should). I assume
they'd work the same way.

JH