Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Sat, 19 May 2012 01:01:28 +0100
> Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The page says "Compile Firefox by issuing the following commands:"
> (which include make -f client.mk) and in the mozconfig it says:
> # The rest of these options have no effect if you're
> # building against an already installed xulrunner:
>
> I don't see why anyone would want to install xulrunner. I don't think
> the Firefox page should mention xulrunner. It is complicated enough to
> describe the options without xulrunner, adding a useless xulrunner into
> the mix doesn't help.

Andy, I think the instructions for FF were difficult to get right and
that you did a great job.  The problem is that some other packages need
components from xulrunner that are not installed by FF.  Specifically,
iced-tea-web needs one of the mozilla-*.pc packages amd they specify
xulrunner files.

Building from xulrunner means that the user does not have the very long
build from both xulrunner and iced tea.  The only thing I want to do is
put in some text that explains this.

I haven't investigated yet, but I suspect that seamonkey and thunderbird
would benefit from the same explanations.