On 11.7.2012 12:13, Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:52:59 +0100
> "Armin K." <kre...@email.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there. There was some talk about splitting Xorg Packages into
>> seperate ones. I went with Xorg Applications first. I did not make
>> instructions for every package, since there are too many of them, and
>> nearly all of them are required at runtime of Xorg Server, so it's
>> dependency list would become big.
>
> Are you sure all of these are required? Looking at the list, I install
> bdftopcf, iceauth, mkfontdir, mkfontscale, xcursorgen, xev, xkbcomp and
> xprop (8 apps). I have no need for luit, sessreg, setxkbmap, smproxy,
> x11perf, xauth, xbacklight, xcmsdb, xdpyinfo, xdriinfo, xgamma, xhost,
> xkbevd, xkbutils, xkill, xlsatoms, xlsclients, xmodmap, xpr, xrandr,
> xrdb, xrefresh, xset, xsetroot, xvinfo, xwd, xwininfo or xwud. That's
> 28 apps that are not needed.
>
> Andy

Those are apps as released by upstream and as they always were there
minus xinput. I planned something else for xinput and some other apps. I
am sure xauth, luit, setxkbmap, xhost, xset are needed in most
environments. They are not really big problem to install, do not take
much space and do not take long to build.