On 11/03/2012 03:58 PM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Probably for Armin, but I am thankful to any replies.
>
> I have noticed some modifications in the "Introduction to Xorg-7.7" page,
> particularly:
>
> sed 's@/usr/X11R6@<PREFIX>@g' -i /etc/man_db.conf
>
> In my host "LFS7.1", I have not done that, there is the symlink
>
> /usr/X11R6 -> /usr
>
> and just in case, I have added
>
> /usr/X11 -> /usr
>
> Now in the new "LFS7.2",
>
> # grep X11 /etc/man_db.conf
> MANPATH_MAP   /usr/X11R6/bin          /usr/X11R6/man
> MANPATH_MAP   /usr/bin/X11            /usr/X11R6/man
> MANDB_MAP     /usr/X11R6/man          /var/cache/man/X11R6
>
> I used that sed, however:
>
> # grep X11 /etc/man_db.conf
> MANPATH_MAP   /usr/bin/X11            <PREFIX>/man
> MANDB_MAP     <PREFIX>/man            /var/cache/man/X11R6
>
> 1. Is it correct having <PREFIX>/man?
>
> 2. Should not /var/cache/man/X11R6 be replaced too, perhaps by
> /var/cache/man/X11 (s@/var/cache/man/X11R6@/var/cache/man/X11@g)?
>
> The second question is not so important, I believe, but it seems
> necessary, just for consistency reason (not using X11R6, but X11).
>
> Thanks.
>
> []s,
> Fernando

It was the dj that upgraded Xorg last time. I only upgraded MesaLib, so
I can't be of any help here. I install Xorg into /usr, I don't use
instructions from the book. I have my own ways of building and/or
upgrading Xorg.

As for the mail delays, I've noticed it too. Sometimes it takes about an
hour or so for mails to appear in my inbox.