--- Em seg, 5/11/12, DJ Lucas escreveu:

> De: DJ Lucas
> Assunto: Re: [blfs-dev] Xorg-7.7 MANDATORY paths
> Para: "BLFS Development List"
> Data: Segunda-feira, 5 de Novembro de 2012, 2:40
> On 11/03/2012 11:28 AM, Fernando de
> Oliveira wrote:
> >> I have noticed some modifications in the
> "Introduction to
> >> Xorg-7.7" page,
> >> particularly:
> >>
> >> sed 's@/usr/X11R6@<PREFIX>@g' -i
> /etc/man_db.conf
> >>
> >> In my host "LFS7.1", I have not done that, there is
> the
> >> symlink
> >>
> >> /usr/X11R6 -> /usr
> >>
> >> and just in case, I have added
> >>
> >> /usr/X11 -> /usr
> >>
> >> Now in the new "LFS7.2",
>
> Neither of those modifications should be needed, but the
> instructions
> referenced below should not be run if building in /usr. If
> the book says
> to run them unconditionally, then I've made a mistake when
> reorganizing
> the section a while back. I'm not in a position to look at
> it for the
> moment.
> >>
> >> # grep X11 /etc/man_db.conf
> >> MANPATH_MAP
> >> /usr/X11R6/bin
> >> /usr/X11R6/man
> >> MANPATH_MAP    /usr/bin/X11
> >>      /usr/X11R6/man
> >> MANDB_MAP    /usr/X11R6/man
> >>      /var/cache/man/X11R6
> >>
> >> I used that sed, however:
> >>
> >> # grep X11 /etc/man_db.conf
> >> MANPATH_MAP    /usr/bin/X11
> >>      <PREFIX>/man
> >> MANDB_MAP
> >> <PREFIX>/man
> >> /var/cache/man/X11R6
> >>
> >> 1. Is it correct having <PREFIX>/man?
> >>
> >> 2. Should not /var/cache/man/X11R6 be replaced too,
> perhaps
> >> by
> >> /var/cache/man/X11
> >> (s@/var/cache/man/X11R6@/var/cache/man/X11@g)?
> >>
> >> The second question is not so important, I believe,
> but it
> >> seems
> >> necessary, just for consistency reason (not using
> X11R6, but
> >> X11).
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> []s,
> >> Fernando
> >>

> I think for builds with a prefix other than /usr, it would
> be better to
> just add all three of the paths to the end and force a cache
> update in
> the configuration section (using 'cat >>
> /etc/mandb.conf << "EOF"'
> syntax). It should be tested by somebody who uses something
> other than
> /usr as the installation prefix. I'm still of the mind to
> completely
> drop the alternate prefix business for everything (the wiki
> is the place
> for differing opinions), but others seem to still want and
> [...]

My apologies for the noise and the time lost due to this thread, DJ, Armin,
all.

I install X in /usr, so never had to read past

"If you've decided to use the standard /usr prefix, you can omit the
remainder of this page."

in "Introduction to Xorg-*" page.

This time, I tried to do things quickly, because what I wanted was to
check sane/xsane for LFS"7,2", and so, my eyes were caught by that sed and
I forgot sentence above.

[]s,
Fernando