I am trying to update lvm2 and am running into a bit of trouble with the
tests.  The configure and make complete with out issue.  I did a make
install to a DESTDIR and that was OK too.

The problem is 'make check'.  If I run as a normal user, all the tests
fail with what looks like permission problems.  If I run the tests as
root, the first test, normal:api/lvtest.sh just hangs waiting for something.

I went back and tried the current version and got the same thing.  The
kernel does have RAID/LVM and Device Mapper Support.

Any ideas?