Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Just a heads up.
>
> I'm trying to build fop so I can make LFS book's pdf on 7.5-rc1.  fop
> requires apache-ant, but building ant fails for me.
>
> I don't have time to investigate for a couple of hours, but apparently
> the ant build script requires libgio-2.0.so which is a part of glib.
>
> I won't have time to build glib and try again, but ant may need glib as
> a required dependency.

I updated apace-ant.  That seems to be OK.  Now I've built fop, but I
can't get it to build LFS.pdf.

Doing a little nosing around, I see the message from fop:

Exception in thread "main"
    ... libmawt.so: libcups.so.2: ... No such file or directory

So it looks like cups is a required runtime dependency.  I'll do that
tomorrow.  Another thought -- I'm only using the binary java install
right now.  Could the build there have picked up cups without it being
strictly required?

Doing a search of the java library directory, I find:

         libX11.so.6 => not found
         libXext.so.6 => not found
         libXi.so.6 => not found
         libXrender.so.1 => not found
         libXtst.so.6 => not found
         libatk-1.0.so.0 => not found
         libcairo.so.2 => not found
         libcups.so.2 => not found
         libfontconfig.so.1 => not found
         libfreetype.so.6 => not found
         libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 => not found
         libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 => not found
         libgif.so.6 => not found
         libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => not found
         libjpeg.so.8 => not found
         libjvm.so => not found
            I've got this one, but it's in /opt/jdk/jre/lib/amd64/server/
         liblcms2.so.2 => not found
         libmawt.so => not found
            This ones in /opt/jdk/jre/lib/amd64/xawt/ and there is
            another at /opt/jdk/jre/lib/amd64/headless/
         libpango-1.0.so.0 => not found
         libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => not found
         libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 => not found
         libpng16.so.16 => not found
         libpulse.so.0 => not found

So are all these a runtime requirement for the binary java?
---------

An added note.  The fop build gives tons of warnings because of utf8
characters in comments.  Comments!  The following fixes that up after
copying the jai files:

sed -i -e 's/\xc3\xa9/e/' $(grep -r -l Boris *)

sed -i -e 's/\xc2\xa7//'
src/java/org/apache/fop/complexscripts/bidi/DelimitedTextRange.java

I don't know if that is worth putting into the book or not.