Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 05:16:44PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> We just released LFS-7.5 and we need to look at releasing BLFS-7.5 in
>> the next few days.  AFAIK, all the 7.5 tickets are complete and all the
>> packages tagged for 7.5.   It is just a matter of doing the release, but
>> I'm sure that there are some tweaks that are necessary.
>>
>> For planning purposes, I think we can target Wednesday. March 5.
>>
>> Comments?
>>
>   The --libexecdir switches still look a bit iffy to me.
>
> 1. The following use --libexecdir with what I think are adequate
> explanations of why: vte2, acl, dhcpcd.  Anyone who disagrees :
> please speak up!
>
> 2. The following explain an optional --libexecdir switch: gnupg2,
> emacs, librep, geoclue.  I don't have a problem with leaving this
> sort of thing in for a transitional period while people may still be
> using older versions of LFS (does 3 years sound about right?), BUT
>
> (i.) the markup is '<parameter>', I think it hould be '<option>' ?
>
> (ii.) should we also do this for all other existing BLFS packages
> which now use /usr/libexec ?

For those packages that really need it, it needs to be explained.
Otherwise if the option has been removed, then the explanation should be
removed too.

> 3. Subversion used to run a subshell to interrogate apxs.  The
> current page looks unusual, but I haven't any desire to build it for
> 7.5 (I only rebuilt my server in September), so I have to assume it
> is ok ?
>
> 4. The following are still doing things the old way:
> menu-cache, qemu, openbox, mc, pulseaudio.  Is there any reason why
> these should NOT drop --libexecdir ?

Well as far as qenu goes, it was an oversight.  I tested it without
--libexecdir.

We need to remove and correct those entries where they really are not
needed.