Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I don't understand why they didn't get installed.  I can see that a
> several directories may be kept that are not needed, but all the files
> should still be installed.
>
>    -- Bruce

That happened because the errors caused by the failure to remove two files
in the build directory resulted in the script exiting the shell at that
exact point, as it should I guess. That particular package is somewhere in
the middle of the md5 file. Nothing following it was installed.

All of this happened without a lot of visual evidence that anything went
awry. The two single lines reporting the error are plainly there if I am
looking for them, but not particularly noticeable the first time as I was
moving fast through this stuff as usual.

Anyway, the one thing that made me stop and start looking at it was that the
exit command logged me out of the console instead of merely dropping back to
the previous shell. I repeated this several times. It happens consistently.