Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I've been working trying to understand Git a little better and trying to
> evaluate whether it is appropriate for LFS to migrate.
>
> What I've done is to copy the alfs repository to anduin and work with
> that copy.

> git clone git://git.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs.git
>
> After download, you can 'cd alfs' and look around.

As an additional experiment, I installed and configured Trac 1.0.1 on
anduin:

http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org:8000/alfs/

I pointed it to the alfs git clone I created above.  The 'browse source'
works, but I don't really like the revision log.  The hexadecimal 'Rev'
just doesn't seem comfortable. It also looks like a lot of change info
has been lost.  For instance, if I go to jhalfs/jhalfs.sh, there is only
one rev in the history.

I've set this trac version up so it accepts new tickets from anonymous
users.  The anonymous user can also change a ticket.  I intend to blow
this instance away eventually since it is only a test.

Also, comparing Trac, I don't see a lot of difference between the
version we are currently using, 0.12.3, and the latest version 1.0.1.

Please explore and provide feedback.