On 23/04/14 19:56, Christopher Gregory wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After just on two weeks and many rebuilds later I can say that we ARE
> able to install gnome on top of a base linux from scratch SYSTEMD build.

> The one thing that remains broken is GDM (gnome display manager).  It
> will not start up even though all of the permissions are set up
> correctly, and the developers only seem interested in making sure that
> it works in a red hat environment as red hat have thrown vast sums of
> money their way and all the gnome documentation on line states that it
> works on the latest red hat.

What are the actual error(s) you are getting? I've been running with GDM
3.12 with no issues, mind you, I have Gnome installed under /usr.
Are you using a common libexecdir? I know in the past that GDM assumed
this directory to be shared with packages such as gnome-settings-daemon,
polkit-gnome, and gnome-session.

Wayne.